Summer Intensive Program ends with Bravos from all!
The Summer was definitely intense this year, with big challenges for the students, who rose to them beautifully. The Summer began with a 4-day retreat to the University of North Georgia, where students had daily coaching from Franklin Pond faculty and classes in contradance and singing. The Franklin Pond Quartet, made up of faculty members Carolyn Hancock, Ginny Fairchild, Lachlan McBane, and Barney Culver, gave a stunning concert at UNG. After only 3-1/2 weeks of study, the students performed two Community Concerts. The fourth week they showcased their accomplishments to a large and enthusiastic audience at their final concert in Kellett Chapel of Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Buckhead, performing pieces from all eras—from Haydn and Dittersdorf to Shostakovich, Florence Price, and the Beatles (see program).
There are many people to thank for this wonderful summer. Without the “village”, this program could not happen successfully.
- The parents, who did a lot of driving, encouraging, and volunteering
- The private teachers, who sent and worked with their students outside of Franklin Pond
- Our board and our donors, who support us in so many ways
- Mark Rainey for the photographs, Mary Hoffman for arranging for us to use Kellett Chapel, and Joel Simmons for recording all our concerts
- Our dedicated faculty who don’t just teach and play wonderfully, but CARE and mentor each student
- Ginny Fairchild, for ALL her wonderful talents, not only as faculty, but as Program Manager, Competition Manager, graphic designer, YouTube creator, and the list goes on