January 1: Application opens April 1: Application deadline
The online application form should be filled out by each student whether applying as an individual or part of a pre-formed group. After submitting the application, you will be directed to PayPal to submit your $40 application fee unless you choose to send in a check.
Auditions will be held via video submission. Please read the video guidelines listed below carefully before making your audition video. The online application requires a link to your audition video, so please have it ready before filling out the application. Franklin Pond reserves the right to reject any applicant whose video does not follow the guidelines.
Audition requirements for individuals
- Approximately 10 minutes of music
- 2 contrasting styles of music (can be 2 separate pieces or 1 piece with contrasting sections)
- Concertos are highly recommended but not required
- For string players, unaccompanied Bach is also highly recommended but not required
Audition requirements for pre-formed chamber ensembles
- One movement of a chamber work from the standard repertoire OR
- Each group member may submit an individual audition (see requirements for individuals above)
- Highest quality available –good quality is critical for the judging process
- One complete take (no editing or cuts) for each piece
- The full person (or group) must be shown at all times at an angle that clearly and fully demonstrates the position of the entire instrument
- Picture must remain stationary without panning, fade-in/out, close-up techniques, or use of multiple cameras
- At the beginning of the video, please state clearly:
- Name, age, grade, and school (for group videos, each player should announce their own information)
- The title and composer of each piece being played
This speaking section will demonstrate your personality so we can better place you with a group, so please represent yourself well.
- Upload video to YouTube and mark it UNLISTED (not public or private)
- Complete the video upload process before filling out the online application, as you will be required to provide the youtube link in the application.