Deadline for application and audition video is September 1, 2021.
The online application form should be filled out by each student whether applying as an individual or part of a pre-formed group. After submitting the application, you will be directed to PayPal to submit your $40 application fee unless you choose to send in a check.
Auditions will be held via video submission. Please read the video guidelines listed below carefully before making your audition video. Franklin Pond reserves the right to reject any applicant whose video does not follow the guidelines.
Audition requirements for individuals
• Two pieces of contrasting character OR
• One piece with contrasting sections
• Total length of video should not exceed 10 minutes
Audition requirements for pre-formed groups
• One movement of a chamber work from the standard repertoire OR
• Each group member may submit an individual audition (see requirements for individuals above)
• Total length of group video should not exceed 15 minutes
**There are no excerpts required for Fall Into Spring auditions.
- No longer than 10 minutes for individuals and 15 minutes for groups. See above for audition requirements.
- Highest quality available –good quality is critical for the judging process
- One complete take (no editing or cuts) for each piece
- The full person (or group) must be shown at all times at an angle that clearly and fully demonstrates the position of the entire instrument
- Picture must remain stationary without panning, fade-in/out, close-up techniques, or use of multiple cameras
- At the beginning of the video, please state clearly:
- Name, age, grade, and school (for group videos, each player should announce their own information)
- The title and composer of each piece being played
- This speaking section will demonstrate your personality so we can better place you with a group, so please represent yourself well
- Upload video to YouTube and mark it UNLISTED (not public or private)
- Copy and paste the YouTube link into the online application form