Franklin Pond offers a chamber music program during the school year for interested string students in grades 4-12. This program provides professional coaching and performance opportunities and is an exceptional opportunity to improve individual instrumental skills and to learn to work successfully in a small group while studying and enjoying the chamber music repertoire.
Participation does require time and effort, as well as serious preparation. All members of each ensemble must be willing to work hard and be open to compromise. In order to be part of this program, it is critical that the students and families have a very high level of commitment to the project and a flexible, cooperative mindset. Rehearsal and coaching locations will be set by coaches, parents, and students. The Final Concert and the two all-group studio classes will be organized by Franklin Pond.
- The Fall Into Spring Chamber Music Program is student and parent driven.
- Each group will make its own arrangements for the dates, times and places for coaching and rehearsal sessions.
- All rehearsal and coaching sessions will be documented. There will be a minimum of 8 coaching sessions and 2 classes.
- Between each coaching session, there must be at least 3 hours of rehearsal.
- Near the end of each semester, there will be one additional studio class when all groups come together.
- At least 3 coaching sessions must be scheduled before January.
The Final Concert date and location will be set by Franklin Pond after auditions are completed and groups are formed. All groups will participate, each playing repertoire they have learned during the year. The performance will be advertised and open to the public.